Portsmouth Pop Up
The Portsmouth Pop Up shop scheme enables local entrepreneurs and small businesses to trade in a high street location without the commitment or cost of a longer-term lease. As part of the scheme, businesses can apply to rent the pop- up shop in Cascades, in Portsmouth’s city centre for a minimum of 6 weeks giving them a chance to engage with customers and launch products and services.
The Portsmouth Pop Up shop scheme is a partnership between the council, Cascades and Flude. It will be located inside Cascades and will open on 21 February 2024.
Portsmouth’s first Pop Up business is a local business, Goly Natural, who sell a range of natural skin care products sourced from an organic UK based supplier. Goly Natural is owned by Stef Dogan, who has been creating skin care products for thirteen years, created the business with the intention of creating creating a range of products that were free harmful ingredients and preservatives.
For Stef, the Pop Up scheme represents an opportunity to provide a space for people to discuss their skin concerns and understand how to resolve these issues.
- Businesses must be registered in PO1-PO6
- Pop-up shop licenses will run for a minimum of 6 weeks and 1 day.
- The cost for the minimum period will be approximately between £410 and £535 (subject to unit confirmation) for the full 6 week initial period. This is payable in advance.
- An extension license can be added for up to 6 months.
- The cost includes rent, service charge, electricity, insurance, and business rates.
- Trading must take place between core hours of 10am-4pm. Normal Sunday trading laws will apply.
- The pop-up shop occupant is responsible for the insurance of all contents, fixtures, and fittings.
- The pop-up shop occupant must have all necessary insurance relating to their activity including Public Liability insurance to the value of £5M
For more information contact the council’s Business Support Team